Whose Gloucester video is better?

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Schleck Cycling 2011


Doesn't Andy look pissed? No wonder he's striking on his own - or at least with Frank

The Schleckster Train is ready to roll! I really hope the new kits are pretty.

So let's start to break it down. Contador is "replacing" Andy Schleck at Saxo/Sungard/Bjarne Riis Cycling. Funny since one of the reasons for his exodus from Astana were eqipment malfunction- anyone remember CHAINGATE? Frandy -for those of you not in the know- the brothers are actually one force against all of the evil entities in the peloton like emaciated chicken boy TradeMark Sansen.

As those of you who occasionally read this blog you know that my sources are impickidable and entirely fi(a)ctional and usually based on nothing more than the ether in which such chatter spreads (sorry CIA hope you don't pick this up by mistake- my bad if you do) over the interweb (which was invented by Al Gore) Just to really confuse you- and to verify my complete sanity-check out the UFO that was in my house. a while back.



Onto the future of Schleck Cycling. It started out as a thought, and You know, if
one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both faqqots and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
singin a bar of Schleck Cycling and walking out. They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Schleck Cycling and
walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.
(adapted from Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie)

Now we can call it the Luxembourg Team, but we all know it's really the Frandy team. So far the "Schleck project has remained wrapped in mystery." (Andrew Hood) Now on to speculation as to who will follow the dynamic Luxembourgish duo onto the new pro tour team. Hood predicts that these Pelotoneers will follow the Schlecks:
  1. DS Kim Andersen
  2. Manager Brian Nygaard
  3. Jacob Flugelhorn
  4. Jensie FA Voigt
  5. Stewie O'Grady
  6. Laurent Diddler
  7. LL Cool Sanchez
  8. David Arroyo
Reliable sources say that Fabulous Cancellara and the Sorenson twins will not follow the Schlecks. I beg to differ. I'm betting fabulous will follow his twig arm boys from Lux. I'm also betting that anyone on a team that ain't paying or is making them wash their own kits or some such nonsense might want to get in line for the Schleck-O-Rama.

On another note: Bjarne Riis thinks Rasmussin deserves a chance. So look for a fabulous return of the chicken! Think Uncle Bjarne would be brave enough to give Chicken man a chance on HIS team? SMH- I doubt it.

Anywho- looking for your thoughts on a nice deep bench for Schleck Cycling AKA Team Luxembourg

Give me your realistic, and your most far-fetched line-up for the new Frandy Team!

Oh yeah Great job to Dan Martin on Tour of dnaloP!! Go Garmin Transitions/Slipstream!

6 comments:

sansen said...

The soigneur who works with the Schlecks most, Sabine Luber, has also departed with Riis Cycling; she also resides in Luxembourg.

Anonymous said...

I heard that Fuslang would probably join the new Schleck team! And besides that, not much else. Except that Contador just can't pull saxo bank by himself, and it will no longer be known as sexy bank. So sad...

An unlikely survivor said...

So who are the Schleck's best buddies in the peloton that they will try to woo over to Team Lux? Besides the ones already mentioned of course. How bout mini Phinney?

Gabby Velasquez (AKA Andy Schleck obsessed) said...

Cancellara might join eventually after his contract expires, I hear Contador isn't much of a team player.

annapalooza said...

You know, as long as Andy, Frank, and Jens show up, I'm okay. I'd like fabian to show up, because then we can just call it "Team sexy" sponsor name be damned. (in all honesty I'll probably call it team sexy anyway. Hell, Andy could have himself a solo team and I'd call it team sexy)

Does anyone else think Dave Zabriskie is the bees knees? He does pretty well, and well, I just think he'd be cool to hang out with. If the team bus were trapped in fanatic traffic one day, I'd want Dave to be on the bus.

It'd be fun to get Tyler Farrar because he seems nice and looks like he's becoming a very serious sprinter, aside from the whole violent crashing bit. Plus, he's from washington, so I'm living vicariously through him.

I know there's other guys in the peleton I inexplicably like, I just can't think of them. I need the vuelta to refresh my memory.

maybe cadel evans?

bahaha. No. Even though the only reason I don't like him is his crappy whiny accent. How is it that all the other Australians on the tour have that sexy laid back surfer accent and cadel sounds like a thirteen year old girl.

Also, will try and check out the cyclocross. I bet with a little trusty Seattle weather it will be totally nuts. Everyone team colors will be brown. :D

barbara said...

Fabian is so very necessary. They'll lose so much if he won't come around and FC himself will loose so much of his soul and sexy malehood if he would have to ride for Bertie; I think I would have to stop enjoying bike racing if Bertie and Fabian will becoming supporting friends and get touching/embrazing each other...
BTW I always found George Hincapie one of the most attractive riders; till Andy came along ofcourse :)