Whose Gloucester video is better?

Sunday, May 3, 2009

More reasons why Jeremy Powers Rocks

Several months ago I introduced you all to the awesomeness that is J-Pow. As many of you are from outside the U.S. and A. I feel the need to revisit this topic. Particularly after recent events allowed me the honor of handing off bottles filled with a yellowish substance (I seriously hope it was HEED, Jeremy) to Jeremy at the Jiminy Peak RR in Western MA. So here we go:



  1. His name just rocks- I know I stated this in an earlier blog post, but seriously can you think of a more awesome name for a pro cyclist? No you can not use any of the crazy nicknames we have come up with, or actual nicknames.
  2. Jeremy is an "International Man of Mystery." I believe that he fights crime in his spare time. 

3. Jeremy rocks the 'Cross world. Literally he rides for Cyclocross World when he's not all hopped up on Sports Beans and Riding for Jelly Belly. Furthermore, the Jelly Belly kit is totally awesome.

4. He didn't mind having an old fart like me handing off water bottles. For all he knew, at my age I could have fallen and broken a hip. But no, Jeremy is so cool that he believes in allowing middle aged, middle school English teaching, cycling fan girls a chance to help their boys. And believe it or not, I think I did a halfway decent job.At least He didn't drop any of the bottles I handed him! This demonstrates his prowess and professionalism as a rider, DEFINITELY NOT my skills at water bottle hand offs.

5. Jeremy gave me a bunch  Jelly Belly Sports Beans to hand out to whoever. This demonstrates his determination to end world hunger. Although I did have one young mother run screaming when I tried to hand some to her baby. Reminder: never take candy from strangers! Teach your children young.
6. Jeremy has been a 'cross phenomenon here in the U.S. and overseas. He has competed against the best and his results rock! Can't wait for Gloucester and Mercer!

You, Jeremy Powers, Rock!

2 comments:

sansen said...

Where is Jeremy Powers originally from?

Maggie said...

Niantic F'ing A Connecticut. Currently resides in Springfield, MA