Whose Gloucester video is better?

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Gotta Love Robbie McEwan


Robbie McEwan truly rocks. This is because at the Bay Side Classic in Aussieland, they actually held up the race for him while his taxi brought him to the venue. Here's how it went down. Robbie had some flight delays and cancellations that screwed up his expected arrival time. Now, I love you dearly Robbie, but don't you already live in Australia? Couldn't you have come in a day earlier and stayed with your aunt and uncle or something?

Anywho, the event organizers postponed the start for 90 minutes while Robbie's taxi sped to the start line. Riders had to warm up- warm down- warm sideways. Apparently he popped out of the taxi all kitted up and ready to ride. No warm-ups necessary for this dude. So, the race that was supposed to start at 2:30 started at 4. And this was a crit, mind you. It was supposed to go for an hour, but only went for 45 minutes because of the delay. Holy crap! Those dudes must have been going seriously fast. Sir Phil kept the crowd entertained during the delay by giving updates as to Robbie's whereabouts. "Give a Give a Give a Garmin" Sorry- burst in to song for a minute there.

Ultimately, the Pocket Rocket didn't win. Simon Gerrans- the kid with braces won. Robbie took 6th. Go Robbie, you rock star, you, I love you!

6 comments:

sansen said...

Miss Maggie, Official Deemer of What Rocks in the Peloton!

Maggie said...

das right

sansen said...

You're really rocking the updates at the CVV Fanclub so, er, you rock!

Bridget said...

maddog robdog!

Maggie said...

I be knowing what rocks and what does not

Anonymous said...

Now would be a good time to let you know that I met Simon Gerrans at an amateur event in Australia recently which he kindly started, and rode with the also-rans for a little while. He was a true gentleman, and kindly let me take a photo with him, with me grinning like an idiot.

I finished the event - my very first 100km event and I don't know if I am more proud of that, or meeting Simon.

Lovin' your site - its adding to my excitement about the TdU and TdF.