Whose Gloucester video is better?

Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Guess for new Garmin rider 2009


I could be wrong here, but for some reason I believe that one of the 2-3 new riders/signings that Jonathan Vaughters says will "turn some heads" might be Nathan O'Neill.

Now I know I've been on a bit of a doper rampage for a few posts, but I honestly don't think Nathan deserves to be stoned to death.

Yes he's a bit of an old codger- kinda like me- however, I think he might be a good addition to the team. Moreover, I think he got a raw deal.

Nathan received a 15 month suspension after testing positive for the appetitite supressant/stimulant phentaramine during the 2007 Tour of Elk Grove in the USA. He openly admitted using the substance PRIOR to the competition- WHICH IS COMPLETELY LEGAL- yet TRACES of the substance remained in his system. Thus a 23 month ban which was commuted to 15 months.

Well, Nathan's suspension ends on November 12 of this year. And I believe that Garmin Chipotle will be signing him. I just sensed some camaraderie between Nate and my boys as hedid the online commentating for several races this year. Like Millar, I believe that Vaughters will sign him to bring some more experience to the team.

I like Nathan O'Neill and feel he was badly served by the UCI. I hope that he goes on and continues to fight the good fight-specifically as a Chipotle rider.

I'd be interested to know what the Aussie contingent of readers think about Nate.

2 comments:

rob ijbema said...

have a look here,some pics of baby schlick and kirchen,http://www.podiumcafe.com/2008/9/10/611788/do-you-recognize-these-fac#comments

Maggie said...

Love those pics- Thanks Rob!