Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
- The coverage of pro cycling in the United States SUCKS! I had to watch the live stream from some dude in Turkey named Ozzy. Swear to god! Now Ozzy likes many sports including Formula One racing (I guess it's the NASCAR of Europe of something.) So for 90 minutes of the race Ozzy had the Road Race in this little teeny tiny window, while the F1 race dominated my screen. Now I don't fault Ozzy for this- he would probably have been lynched by the guys at the town bar if he hadn't shown the F1 race, but it sucked for cycling fans. In his defense, after enough of us bitched he gave cycling half the screen until the F1 race was over. Thanks OZ- Loved you in Black Sabbath.
- Now because Ozzy's version of the race had audio that was in Turkish or something I had to use an audio feed from Eurosport. This was OK except for the boring Irish guy that Helen tells me is named Sean or something. I also had the CN ticker going and Helen in the chat room to keep me up to speed.
- So the race is over and guess what they are showing on Versus today? The Tour of Missouri! Thanks a lot guys- the recap will be great, but WTF? Can we maybe have a little bit more consideration in terms of the time lapse between a race and when you decide to show it on TV? Is that asking so much?
- Alessandro Ballan won.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
- The beds were very close together, and I woke up because Andy's feet were in my bed;
- In the middle of the night Andy (accidentally) turned on the television because the remote was under his butt;
- I woke up because Andy put his hand on my arm (in his sleep)
- Andy woke me because I was snoring;
- Andy had to pee and he didn't know where the bathroom was, so he ended up in the blanket closet!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Paperwork sucks! I am buried in minutia, and everyone wants everything yesterday. Every day there is a new initiative, directive, file, whatever. My job is seriously interrupting my blogging.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
So how psyched was I today when I got home and saw that I had received a care package from Garmin Chipotle! I guess they like the VdV Fan club site. Anywho, in addition to some wickedly awesome argyle socks and a cap; I got these cool cards about some of our fave riders. The one above is autographed by Tom Danielson. Yeah Boy!
Dave Zabriskie: other people's fave. Now here is the question: Does the 'stache give power? Below is the back of the card with DZ sans stache. You decide.
Anywho, This totally made my day. Thank you Woody from Slipstream Sports! I totally did not expect such an awesome package. You guys truly rock in my book!