Since that time the nickname "Cuddles" has stuck with the Aussie cyclist (some might say ironically.)
I imagine that the nickname started out as a play on his name; Cadel. Since that time, though, "Cuddles" has taken on a much more sinister nuance.
- "It makes the insistence of Cadel Evans on riding to the start with his bodyguard-Serge, a former Belgian policeman nicknamed 'the Muscles from Brussels' [sic] seem a little unnessary. It also makes the Australian's nickname, 'Cuddles', seem more than a little ironic." (Yes readers, I did not include the entire quote that says that Serge used to be Lance Armstrong's BG. Remember, we are talking about C.E. here. We'll keep Lance out of it.)
- Cadel is even mean to his OWN COUNTRYMAN! "After crashing on the previous stage- Evans crossed the line [sic] in no mood to chat. No real change there, then. But, it didn't put off the intrepid Australian reporter, Rupert Guiness. 'A quick word for the folks back home?' asked Guiness as Evans climbed into the team car. 'There's your interview, mate.' responded Evans" When he then threw the helmet into Guiness's left kneecap. (OK- poetic license taken here- the author has removed any evidence that might justify Evans's actions.)
- "Are the bubbles for "Cuddles" a little premature?" YES!
- "If you have a nickname, you just get the piss taken out of you in the pelaton."
Bloggers are saying:
- "Cadel's only chance is if a different rider lets him suck wheel every day."
- "Cuddles loses." followed by a smiley face. Go bloggers
Again, the purpose of this blog is to demonstrate why Andy Schleck Rocks and Cadel Evans does not. As such, more trash talking of Cadel seemed appropriate.
Thank you for your time and attention.