Whose Gloucester video is better?

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Frank Schleck's 2008 Tour de Suisse Crash Stage 5

Every time I see this video I ask myself: "Self- How the heck did Frank not get seriously injured when he went over that guardrail? How in the world was he able to ride the next day in Stage 6?"

It's a flippin' Miracle! Which just goes to show how awesome the Schleck's are. They are impermeable to danger and injuries! (Knock on Wood!)

Tour de Suisse 2008 June 14-22, 2008. 

At the start of Stage 6, cyclingnews.com reported that, "All 144 riders were at the start under a blue sky with a few light clouds. Frank Schleck of CSC was there, hale and hearty and suffering no major injuries from his dramatic crash the day before." DRAMATIC??!! Jeez- The guy went over the guardrail and who knows how far down into a ravine! Anyway, check out the video. It never fails to amaze me!




7 comments:

Helen said...

:[ I nearly cried when I saw this the first time. There i was, sat chatting to my Dad who had Setanta sports news on and they said 'now a cyclist who had a lucky escape' and there went Frank. I was like :O WTF?!?! Cos i was on night shifts at this point so i'd been asleep all day and not watched it. It's horrible. He said watching Pereiro crash reminded him of how his crash could have been if the ravine wasn't there. Poor Frank. But he's back, he's beautiful and he's better than ever :] Oh and rumours say that Cancellara had to push Andy onwards when the peloton whizzed past and Andy caught sight of Frank's bike but no Frank. I can imagine it too, bet he was distraught. Markus Fothen [the guy with him] was really badly shook up at the end of the stage and wouldn't take up his podium place for stage winner until he'd seen Frank and asked if he was ok. The peloton are all big softies really, well ya know minus a rider or two.

sansen said...

I hope most of the hits this clip gets are from his fans and not people who love to watch crashes unless said crash fans are also Schleck lovers.

Maggie said...

I just think it's amazing that the guy rode the next day. That spill looked like it would put a serious hurt on a person.

sansen said...

That just showcases the sportsmanlike awesomeness that is Frank.

Maggie said...

True that. I couldn't have said it better myself. Frank is truly awesome.

Hey folks- you ready to do our picks for the World's? Or, should we wait a couple of weeks?

Helen said...

Erm normally I'd jump in head first and pick my three but maybe wait till towards the end of the Vuelta cos there's always injuries and stuff and i'm scared one of my picks will crash out :p

Rina said...

I cried when I saw this, and remember when I watched that in tv. Looks so horrible, lucky Frank is alright but goooood, it was horrible. I also remember that Andy looked out after Frank at the finish, like where is he and so on. Dont know if he had heard about the crash there. Great blog btw :-)