As always I will premise this post by letting readers know that I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. I read about this rumor on another blog. Thanks for this juicy tidbit to work with, Helen! I will twist and spin it in my usual fashion.
"Which young star of the TDF has a womanizing problem? We hear the whiter- than white hope of the future puts so much time and effort into chasing the ladies that even Filippo Pozzato is reported to be disgusted."
Let's debunk/reinforce this rumor (doublespeak hee hee) in an analytical manner:
- Andy Schleck is 23 years old. If he wasn't interested in women, I'd be worried.
- Side effects of EPO and Peptide Hormones include impotence, decreased sex drive, and development of female breast tissue in males. Do you see breasts on Andy? I DON"T! Therefore, if Andy is "womanizing;" to me this is proof positive that he is NOT doping! Go Andy!
- Filippo Pozzato isn't disgusted. He's jealous! Plus who cares what "Pippo" thinks?
- Shoot! If the anti-doping campaign keeps up at full force; the entire pelaton will be chasing girls. Could make for interesting watching as each member drops away to chase after a pretty French country girl.
- Andy "never seemed to have a bad day, nor to waiver in pursuit of his goal (though he did nearly miss the start after setting eyes on a particularly lovely podium girl.)" Is this a bad thing in a 23 year old male? I think not.
- According to Bernard Hinault (known cannibal) Andy meets the criteria for "Superhero." Do superheroes always get the girl? Yes.
I rest my case. If Andy Schleck is into chicks a) he is a totally normal 23-yr-old male b) a healthy sex drive means he is NOT doping and,
c) He is a Superhero