Or, a Look Into the Psyche and Hobbies of Andy Schleck
Andy is not just a nice guy; he is an awesome cyclist who is sure to win the Tour de France at least 8 times! (Yes I am giving him one more win than Lance had.)
Andy's dad (Johnny) is an ex-pro and his boys started cycling while they were still in diapers. (Kind of a pain for Andy's mom)
Johnny competed with Belgian legend (and cannibal) Eddy Merckx. Yet, the Schleck household is surprisingly humble when it comes to bike racing.
According to Johnny, "We don't talk much about cycling at home." We usually just do normal family things. We wear our Darth Vader costumes, and watch NetFlix movies (our favorites include Mrs. Doubtfire- That Robin Williams is sooo funny, and Titanic- Yes all of us Schleck's cry when Kate Winslet is on the prow of that ship.) We also enjoy visiting other Luxembourgers, and speaking Luxembourgish.
Andy's Favorite Things:
- Andy loves long walks on the beach with pretty podium girls.
- Andy is also a huge supporter of New England Pug Rescue. HE LOVES PUGS! "They are just too cute and if I can help find just one good home in Luxembourg for a needy pug, I feel that I have made a difference," says Andy.
- Playing darts with his brother Frank is another of Andy's "down-time" activities. Guess whose face they use as a target? You got it! Cuddles!
- Favorite Music: Cyberpiper- Birelding Traditional Luxembourg Folk Music combined with an Electronic Groove.
- Mac or PC? "Definitely Mac," says Andy. "They're just cooler, you know?"
- Andy is also very proud of his Luxembourgish heritage. He says. "We may be the smallest member-nation of the EU, but we have the biggest hearts!"
- Andy's favorite holidays: May 31- Whit Monday and September 1- Luxembourg City Kermesse.
- Andy loves to discuss 18th and 19th century literature with fellow cyclists as they climb mountains. Favorite author: Voltaire.
Hope this post has helped you to better understand the Cycling Phenomenon
named Andy Schleck.
NOTE: All of Andy's Quotes and most of Johnny's were made up and are things that I prefer personally. Except for the Darth Vader costumes, I prefer Princess Leiah.