Saturday, August 30, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
OK- I was distracted for a bit, but now it's time to get back to Andy Schleck!!!
One of my readers (I'll withhold the name to protect the troll..err... innocent) has confided that he /she/it has been fighting a weight problem. I decided to set up this ticker to help encourage said reader. He/she/it is starting at 472 lbs. Don't know how that translates to kilos all of you european readers. The troll's....errr....person's Goal weight is 250 lbs. Let's watch every day to cheer or laugh about every pound he/she/it gains or loses.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Evaluating London 2012 Olympic Logos that were rejected in favor of the pink piece of crap in the last post.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Well- the Olympics Poll on this blog has officially closed. The results are in. The quantitative data generated through this poll is undisputable. I think I'll write my dissertation on it. Maybe a Mixed-Methods Review where I interview the participants as well.
RESULTS: Olympics: Objective or Subjective?
- 8% of people polled believe that the Olympics are Objective. (Are you nuts, Monty??!)
- 41% of people believe that the Olympics are Subjective. ( Good- at least some of my readers have a clue.)
- 16% of people polled can not decide. (Stop straddling the fence! Make a decision already!- unless of course you are a US politician- then I guess it's OK.)
- 33% of people polled responded "Look a Chicken!" (OK- I admit one vote in that category was me.)
Yes Helen, I included the above pic of the Olympic Rings in your honor. Why are they made out of donuts? In the words of Homer Simpson, "MMMMMM.....DONUTS!"
NOTE: The poll on Whether or not cannibalism is worse than the threat of decapitation is tied at 50% for each response. Wow! I'm starting to wonder about you guys.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
- I have actually climbed Mount Washington (with my feet) and let me tell you it was a B#@ch. You get above the tree line and you can see the summit and you think "Hey I can do this...the summit is right there." When actually it takes about another hour and a half of boulder hopping to get to the summit. Then on the way down your legs (mine anyway) are like spaghetti. Anywho, it took yours truly about 6-7 hours to go up and down Mount Washington.
- My husband's bud competed in it.
- I thought these pics with the mist were kind of cool.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Big George will have the home town advantage, and he did win the RR in '98 and '06. Love Big George! Seriously solid dude. Other riders I am watching include, Tyler Hamilton (Rock Racing,) and Tom Danielson (Garmin-Chipotle.) Over 50 guys are expected to be in the field for the ITT, probably about the same for the RR.
Above is a picture of Monty the troll starting his blog on why he/she/it hates this blog. Personally, I am flattered that this troll is passionate enough, and silly enough to be one of my devoted readers.